With over 5000 years history and more than 9, 600,000 square kilometers, China is an amazing country offering variously mysterious scenery for travelers to experience and explore, including natural scenery and historical sites. But what are the most famous attractions in China, and where will be worthy of your visit? Yep, followings are the top 10 attractions in China which you must visit them during your trip to China!
1. The Great Wall. Being an awe-inspiring feat of ancient defensive architecture, it is one of the greatest sights and the longest wall in the world. It is listed as “the New Seven Wonders of the World” and the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in China.
2. The Yangtze River. As the third longest river in the World but the longest river within a single country, the Yangtze River features the widest variety of outstanding tourist attractions, scenery and culture from its regional resource to its mouth.
3. Terracotta Warriors. Laid underground for more than 2000 years, it was honored as a World Cultural Heritage Site in December 1987, you’ll learn about the ancient history of China here.
4. The Bund. It is one of the most recognizable architectural symbols of Shanghai. You can see towering skyscrapers such as the Oriental Pearl Tower line the river, you can also see the speedier tourist ferry and other locally owned boats navigate there.
5. Li River. Decorated with startling hills, steep cliffs, fantastic caves, farming villages and bamboo groves, Li River in Guilin is one of the most popular and picturesque scenic spots in China and it was listed as one of the World’s Top Ten Watery Wonders by America’s National Geographic Magazine.
6. Victoria Harbor. With a backdrop of Victoria Peak, Victoria Harbor is among the world’s most beautiful skylines. You can see the charming and astonishing views of the city in the observation decks of the tallest buildings and from Victoria Peak.
7. The Yellow Mountains. It is a World Heritage Site endowing with 5 unique wonders: pines, oddly-shaped rocks, the sea of clouds, hot springs and winter snowscapes.
8. West Lake. It is a silhouette on the northeast horizon and mountains near and far surround it on the other three sides. The occasional pagoda and Chinese-style arched bridge add atmosphere to the tree-lined walkways, verdant islands and hills.
9. The Potala Palace. It is a huge treasure house for the precious sculptures, scriptures, Buddha statues, murals, antiques, and religious jewelry and reflecting the Tibetan history, religion, culture and art, and it is also an UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
10. Yungang Grottoes. It is a World Heritage Site representing the excellent achievement of Buddhist sculptural art of ancient China and the development of the architecture, music and religion at that time.
Here are the top 10 highlights in China, just visit them one after another, you’ll find the beauty of the scenery and the profound history of China at the same time!